Whether it's because your apartment lacks AC, or you just can't stand the idea of adding more heat to the sweltering temperatures outside, blow-drying and curling can be a real downer during the summer months.
But before you throw in the towel (or blow dryer in this case) and condemn yourself to a summer of style-less hair, consider this: You don’t need heat to create great texture.
In the evenings, dampen your hair a bit (don't get it sopping wet; it won't dry by the morning. We suggest a spray bottle with water in it). Follow this up by spraying some Platinum Strength Heat Spray all over your tresses, just to nourish and strengthen your hair. If you want extra hold and more defined texture, run some 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse through your hair as well. Brush your hair through to evenly distribute the products.
Now, you're ready to start styling:
- For waves in the morning, give yourself some braids. The smaller the braid, the tighter the wave. Experiment with various types of braids for different outcomes.
- For a crimped effect, give yourself teeny, tiny braids.
- For loose, boho waves/curls, twist your hair up in a bun at the top of your head.
- For curls, put your hair into a sock bun on the top of your head. Try not to use an elastic at the base of the bun so you can avoid creating a dent. Just cut the elastic after the sock bun is in place, and use pins to keep it secure.
- If you've got them and don't mind a little discomfort while sleeping, consider putting rollers in your hair before bed. It takes a little practice, but you'll wake up with some serious curls.
So, ladies, next time you pull out your heat styling tool and realize how miserable your styling experience is going to be, remember that applying heat isn’t your only option.